As I read the article, Rigor Redefined, by Tony Wagner, I got a few question stirred up in my head. I was thinking about how much people really expect out of the next generation. How much is really, too much? Will knowledge ever stop growing? Can one person know everything on earth? But also, how do you practice communication? Is it just a skill you develop? I noticed one of the men Wagner was talking to said this was a job qualification, and I really wonder how that can happen when so many people are shy, or have different ways of speaking. I also couldn't help but think about Social Darwinism whilst reading this. You have to compete for the best job, best pay, etc. Its the "survival of the most knowledgeable". In another piece of the article, Wagner mentioned that "yesterday's answers won't solve today's problems". That made me think of how much technology had grown, and how much it could grow by tomorrow. And I wonder if it will ever stop? Its a big world out there, and its just getting bigger.
This article made me wonder what I can do as a human to prepare myself for the future. What should I learn to make it big in the ever-expanding world? Wagner stated that you have to have the ability to influence people. I can influence people. Now, that being, it may only be because I am a child, but i can provide points that can change a person's mind. Now, that doesn't stop people's opinions, it just gives them a new view on certain things. This also made me consider the impact I want to leave on the growing world. In twenty-five years, will I be the next one to arrest the world's most wanted criminal? Or will I be making the next best fashion? Life is a long and winding road, and the generation has so much to learn, and so much to teach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment