Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye West's rude behavior

What the heck was Kanye thinking?! I don't think he even was thinking! At the MTV Video Music Awards in New York last night, Taylor Swift won an award for best female video. She was up against Beyoncé for the award. She didn't even expect to win, but Kanye decided his opinion mattered more than what Taylor had to say in her speech for the award. He ran up on the stage, took the microphone from poor Taylor, and stated how Beyoncé should have won over her! She won fair and square, and he had no right at all to take that moment from her. I watched it myself, and I was just sitting in shock when I saw what he did. He got booed, and he deserved that! Taylor's big moment was ruined by someone who decided his voice was louder than hers and she was shut down by it. That was just plain rude Kanye.

Lucky for him, Kanye did not win any awards that night, because if he had, I could imagine someone doing the same thing to him that he did to Taylor Swift. I found it very funny that every time his name was in the nomination, it got booed. He totally had that for himself. It was not any body's fault but his own. Even though he tried to apologize for his actions, I think he should not be forgiven. If he had even thought about it before he ran onto the stage, he wouldn't have done it.

But further more, I was thinking of how these people affect us. Celebrities are supposed to set good examples and be our role models. Sure, they are human, but if we think before we act, why can't they? If everyone in the world acted out in such ways, there would be no stability in audience to speaker. This said, for example, when we give our blog presentations, one of the class cannot jump up and start disagreeing with the presenter.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Sarah you are so funny! I love how you make it seem like Kanye West is like a criminal, it make me laugh but I totally agree with you that celebrities should set a good example. Little kids watch that what are they going to think? Although when you said he shouldn't be forgiven I don't agree. So the guy make a mistake, we all do but he made it clear that he make a mistake. He know what he did was wrong and thats all that matter.